Welcome to St. Luke's Church Parkstone
Whatever your age we would love to see you and welcome you on a Sunday morning or during the week...
Please note that our services are shared via Zoom. If you do NOT wish to be recorded please speak to the welcomers on the door who will direct you to seats that are outside the camera view.
We are a lively and friendly Christian Community committed to:
Services in Church and on zoom
Thank you for visiting St Luke's website. We are delighted to announce that we will be having morning services in our lovely building as follows:
- Sundays 10.30am with Children's Groups (except for 1st Sunday of the month) - this service will also be on zoom.
- Evening service this Sunday 25th October will be on zoom only at 5pm
- Morning Prayer will be on Thursdays 9.00am in the Chapel followed by a bubble chat (up to six people) for any who wish to stay from 9.30 until 9.50am.
Please note: Face masks will need to be worn at all services and people will need to socially distance. There will be hand sanitisier available and we will need to record who is present.
Wednesday morning worship - this will continue via Zoom at 9.30am.
We continue to worship, grow in faith, share with one another and serve even if it's looking rather different just now! In all that we are going through we can know that God is faithful and that nothing can separate us from his presence and love shown in Jesus.
Children and Young People - Anna Counsell is our Children’s and Families Minister. Children's Groups are running every Sunday at 10.30am (except the 1st Sunday of the month). Please contact Anna (details below) for more information about groups, social distancing and how we are working to keep children and families safe. Anna is supporting families by sending out an activity sheet with games, film-clips etc. Click here for the latest activity sheet.pdf
- My email is email@example.com and my phone number is 01202 741030. Do feel able to contact me.
- The Church Office operated by Christine Gilbert is now open Tuesday to Friday mornings, 01202 717268 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anna Counsell can be contacted at email@example.com
- Do also visit the Church of England web site for information and resources www.churchofengland.org/ I particularly recommend the Daily Prayer and Lectio365 apps
It is wonderful to hear of the care and acts of kindness that are going on in our community, and we are so thankful for all that is happening at every level. If you have any concerns, would like to chat with someone or feel we could assist in anyway then do please be in touch as we partner with others at this difficult time. And keep up-to-date by reading our newssheets. Thank you.
May we know the presence of God with us at this time, and the hope, faith and love that will hold us and bring us through all the challenges we face.With love and prayers,
Church of England prayer for all those affected by Coronavirus: Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy. Sustain and support the anxious, be with those who care for the sick, and lift up all who are brought low; that we may find comfort knowing that nothing can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen
Please see our Events and Newssheet page for the latest news and prayers or pick up a printed copy from the Church Porch.
“St Luke’s Parkstone - a community of whole-life disciples of Jesus Christ committed to worship, growth, partnership and mission.”
New to us?
We meet every Sunday at 9am and at 10.30am with groups for around 40 children and a creche. There is a small evening service most weeks at 6.30pm. There are other activities throughout the week.
We hope that this website will give you a taste of what we have to offer including upcoming events, latest news and sermons. Do explore the site and then come and see our friendly and welcoming church for yourself!